A strong vocal style and adept use of the English concertina and acoustic guitar have confirmed Cheshire-based Roy as a highly respected performer and interpreter of traditional music in contemporary settings such as:
- UK and USA folk and acoustic events including most of the major UK festivals
- museums and heritage interpretation
- national and local specialist groups and organisations
- commissioned presentations/shows
- educational programmes.
"a performer of real stature, good taste and integrity" - The Living Tradition
"Roy runs fun and creative music sessions and is always reliable, trustworthy and great with people" - Simone Cobbold, Wearpurple Arts, Age Concern Cheshire
"Roy's enthusiasm for the subjects of the songs and the music itself is infectious"
- Tom Hughes, Education Officer, Salt Museum, Northwich, Cheshire